As I prep for Ironman Wisconsin, I wanted to share with you all a few of my favorite things for race day and/or during training!
1. BONK BREAKERS – I seriously can’t eat enough of these – favorite flavor is “Almond Cherry Chunk” – second favorite flavor is the classic “Peanut Butter and Jelly”
2. Powerade – Strawberry Lemonade flavor OR Gatorade – Strawberry Fierce flavor – I throw tons of bottles of these down.
3. Oakley 26.2 Sunglasses – LOVE
4. Saucony Kinvara Running Shoe
5. TYR Nest Pro Goggles
6. Self Serve FroYo – particularly at YogurtLand because they have TONS of flavors
7. Whole Foods Salad Bar – Spend my weekends and usually Monday night crushing food there
8. Night Rider – my FELT bike. Love him
9. ISM – road saddle
10. Garmin 910XT – with my green bands
These are the things that I’m pretty particular about, and RARELY budge on. Once I find something that I LOVE, I tend to stick with it. Also, while I was home, EVERYONE was asking me what I eat the night before a race. Well I don’t always stick to the same thing, as I’ve tried to play around with what I eat the night before, but the ONE meal, that seems to NEVER fail me, and probably what I’m going to have from here on out is…
Noodles and Company – Pesto Cavatappi with Chicken (no tomatoes), 3 potstickers, and a chocolate milk
I will be eating this the night before IMWI. #nodoubt
Finally…I ALWAYS race is DOUBLE FRENCH BRAIDS.
1. Because they make you go extra fast
2. They keep your hair out of your face and stay put
3. Makes swim cap, helmet, etc. very easy to put on, which makes for no fuss on race day.
4. I’ve been doing it since I was a gymnast, and well I kind of superstitiously believe they bring good luck